Gratitude Growing Something Besides Old It's That Simple Journal

A Thanking Woman, Part VII–Bragging On Your Man

October 23, 2016

Why be thankful?

It shows love. It’s that simple. You may need to dig deep some days: “Thank you Lord that Mark flosses regularly.”

Other days it comes easier: “Thank you, Lord that Mark is a faithful man with integrity up the ying yang. I appreciate that SO MUCH about him.”

I wonder if he knows?

That’s the rub.

I invited a bunch for lunch, and besides the menu of salads and sweets and sweet conversation, I asked a leading question:

What do you appreciate about your husband?

We all shared ’round the table. Paul slept through it, but someday he will understand the goodness of his dad.

img_9884Always good hearing from Katy and Liz.

img_9882

We went round and round and celebrated the goodnesses of our good men. The comments layered as we listened:

That’s my husband, too. So glad you mentioned that.

Is this something you should do? Brag on your man in the presence of others.*

Is this something you could do? That would be a yes.

Try it. And then tell him about it. It could help make a great man an even better great man.

Ken Williams said:

Gratitude not expressed is not gratitude.

A Grateful Woman

Free printable.
Do you agree? Isn’t feeling thankful good enough? You tell me.

**Reading The Husband Project by funny and practical Kathi Lipp. Her daily projects make your man feel loved–including speaking well about him to others. A good read for you (and your man.)

The Husband Project

…in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

I Thessalonians 5:18

Linking often with these lovely bloggers:

SocialButterflySunday MomentsofHope  TheArtofHomeMakingMondays SoulSurvival  LiveRandomlySimple   TestimonyTuesdays   CornerstoneConfessions, CoffeeandConversation,Purposeful Faith  Jennifer Dukes The Loft HolleyGerth KristinHillTaylor, SittingAmongFriends, WiseWoman ,  Thought-Provoking Thursday #livefreethursday Thoughtful Thursdays Faith-FilledFriday Grace&Truth  FreshMarketFriday DancewithJesus coffeeshopconversations Faith&Friends SnippetsofInspirations WordofGodspeak

• Reply Rebekah K Jones October 24, 2016 at 4:43 am

Sue, My husband is the greatest thing around since sliced bread. He helps me and is always by my side. He get ready to go with me just because. That is what 57 years together will do for you. Love him more everyday.
    Love him more everyday.
    Becky

• Reply Sue October 26, 2016 at 8:06 pm

You are blessed, cousin!

• Reply Being Woven October 24, 2016 at 11:56 am

Amen! I have a wonderful husband (my second) so I appreciate him so much and let him know just how loved he is and special to and for me. Thank you for the reminder for I do not want to take him for granted.

• Reply Sue October 26, 2016 at 8:06 pm

I know – and so easy to do!

• Reply Bon October 24, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Spent all day praising and thanking & thanking this man of mine. He’s definately the most patient guy …and most loving husband and Dad to our three. We celebrated our 35th today and took a little road trip…I even drove him!

• Reply Sue October 26, 2016 at 8:06 pm

So glad – now that’s a road trip!!

• Reply birdsandberry October 26, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Great reminder to not only praise our man to others, but to tell him what we’re grateful for! I’m so encouraged that women get together to talk positively about their husbands. I love the quote too!

• Reply Sue October 26, 2016 at 8:08 pm

It’s a doozy! It’s fun to provide directed (gently directed) conversation around the table.

• Reply Mandy Hughes October 27, 2016 at 3:10 pm

I agree, Sue. We should brag on our men!
    My husband recently shared his testimony at church, and this wife sat front and center taking all the pics I could, then splattered on Facebook and Twitter to share the joy in my heart. Great post!!
    Your neighbor here at Heart Encouragement,
    Mandy

• Reply jerralea October 28, 2016 at 12:41 pm

What a good word, Sue! Praising our hubbies is a great way to build them up.

Mine makes me laugh. Every. Day. What more could you ask?

Thanks for sharing at The Loft.

• Reply christinbaker15 October 28, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Sue, what a great reminder to brag on our men! There is so much I DO appreciate about my husband, but fail to TELL him–and others in his presence. I know this will encourage him so much. I’ll be looking for ways to implement gratitude for my man TODAY!

• Reply Lori Schumaker of Seaching for Moments October 30, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Such a great habit to get in, Sue!
    Blessings and smiles,
    Lori

• Reply Sue October 31, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Yes it is – i need every reminder I can get, I’m afraid!!

• Reply Crystal Twaddell November 1, 2016 at 10:21 am

I need to do more of this! Thanks friend:)